May 15-17, 2024 12-4PM Eastern time on all 3 days
Click the Registration Information hyperlink below for the registration link and more details.
This course is designed to equip participants with the information necessary to develop, implement, sustain, evaluate and improve education for and development of court staff. Participants will learn the fundamentals of adult education and instructional design and will explore the unique educational environment of the courts. Throughout the course, participants will assess current educational efforts at their own courts and learn how to employ education to enhance daily operations as well as to achieve their court's mission or strategic plan. As a result of participating in this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the unique educational environment of the courts and determine how education can promote improvements in court operations.
- Identify resources that can support education and describe effective approaches to obtaining those resources.
- Identify ways to evaluate the short and long-term outcomes of education.
- Describe how court administrators can use education to support new and promoted employees, enhance staff performance at different career points, and serve as an effective intervention to address gaps in knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Create an action plan for implementing education in their own court.